Effective Mediators in Business Disputes
As businesses grow and change, once-agreeable partnerships may become hostile situations you’re forced to continue committing to. If you find that you and your business partner are no longer an ideal match for managing work, contact our attorneys to negotiate and settle a partnership dispute.
Common Causes of Partnership Disputes
Even the most compatible of duos experience conflict. There are several decisions to be made and actions to be taken when running a business, which can quickly and easily lead to disagreements. Common cases of partnership disputes are:
- Disagreement about how business should be run
- Disagreement about the terms of the partnership
- Uneven work distribution
- Failure to meet expectations of the partnership
If you and your partner’s business endeavors are stalled because of interpersonal conflict, call one of our attorneys to help you reach a mutually beneficial conclusion.
Negotiating on a Settlement
Conflicts are natural when two individuals are working together on a project. With two generators of ideas and only one outlet for them, it’s natural for some disagreements to arise over time. Negotiation is a process that involves both parties communicating openly with each other to work towards a solution. In essence, it allows for the business to be salvaged.
An attorney is a powerful tool in the process to ensure that the conversation is productive. When two partners are in a disagreement, their emotions are heightened and there’s likely been some trouble communicating already. Our attorneys will offer guidance and support while allowing issues to be productively resolved face-to-face.
Steps to Effective Negotiation
Negotiation follows a routine process that, when adhered to by all involved, can result in appealing solutions. Negotiating a settlement typically goes as follows:
- Plan: Both parties take the time to thoroughly evaluate the situation and think of the best- and worst- case scenarios or outcomes. It’s a chance to recognize the possible alternatives and determine what the worst deal you would accept is, what factors you’re willing to sacrifice on, and the risks involved if a settlement isn’t reached.
- Declare rules: Declaring rules keeps everyone on the same page and manages expectations. By determining where and for how long they’re negotiating for, both parties can both prepare appropriately.
- Clarify: Offering clarification allows for grievances to be aired by everyone involved, and then for detailed explanations about their desires moving forward and their reasoning behind it.
- Inform the other of your demands and side of the story.
- Bargain and problem solve: Parties work towards a settlement, either competitively or collaboratively. In a competitive scenario, the person seeks to win as much as possible. Collaborative negotiators identify interests and recommend solutions to benefit both parties as a win-win scenario.
- Closure and implementation: Once the terms are agreed upon, a contract is prepared and set into motion, leaving both parties to abide by it moving forward.
A lawyer is a strong addition to negotiating a settlement. By hiring legal help, you gain professional counsel and assistance in reaching a partnership agreement that reflects your best interests.
Our Differentiating Principles
Effective representation and communication are improbable when overburdened with clients. Calls go unanswered and unreturned, and clients end up feeling frustrated and abandoned. Our firm never overloads our attorneys. Our clients deserve excellent representation and consistent communication.
Honesty and Integrity
Our firm will give you an honest assessment of your legal needs. Our approach is to help educate potential clients so that they can resolve simple matters on their own. If your matter can be resolved with one phone call, we will tell you.
Competitive Legal Fees
We believe in transparent pricing and aim to provide legal representation for a competitive, fixed fee whenever feasible. Call us today for a proposal regarding your legal matter.
Multifaceted Experience and Approach
Our attorneys have extensive experience in their respective practices, and work together to bring our clients a comprehensive solution to their legal needs.
“Long story short GBLLP are the
- Ryal L.
“Professional and detailed.”
- David J.
“Took the time to listen to my
situation and even told me exactly
what I should do to resolve the
problem on my own.”
- Konstantin K.